Maine Home Foreclosure Lawyers
Chapter 13 bankruptcy remains one of the best mechanisms to avoid home foreclosure in Maine and prevent the loss of a home from a mortgage foreclosure. Don't be fooled by "save your home from foreclosure" scams and slip into another debt cycle. We can help you understand how filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help save your house from foreclosure.
- Our practice has been successfully filing Chapter 13 cases in Maine for over 30 years
- We help guide honest, hard-working people out of debt and into a manageable repayment plan.
- Let's discuss your options to stop foreclosure on your home in Maine – set up an appointment today.
Maine Foreclosure Law & Resources
Maine recently passed a law requiring that parties engage in mediation prior to foreclosure and creating new legal rights for tenants effected by foreclosure. If you are a Maine homeowner or tenant facing foreclosure, it is important that you understand your rights under Maine's Foreclosure Mediation Law. We are here to help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities and navigate the legal maze of home foreclosure.
You can find many resources on our site related to Maine Bankruptcy and saving your home from foreclosure:
- Stop Home Foreclosure in Maine
- Maine Foreclosure Mediation Law
- Foreclosure Defense: Options for Maine Residents
- Basic Requirements of Chapter 13—Eligibility, Feasibility & Good Faith
- Save Your Home from Mortgage Foreclosure—Why Choose Chapter 13 over Chapter 7?
- The Chapter 13 Process in Maine
- Get info on filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Maine
- Learn more about all of our Maine Bankruptcy Services
- Tips for Avoiding Foreclosure (HUD)
Please call our office to learn how you can stop home foreclosure and manage your mortgage debt: (207) 283-3777 or schedule an appointment.
419 Alfred Street
537 Congress Street, Suite 411
- 01/02/13 - Foreclosure Prevention with Andrea and Chet (Video)
- 10/25/12 - Bernard Featherman of Business Today interviews Jim Molleur (Video)
- 07/26/12 - Introduction to Foreclosure (Video & Transcript)
- 01/10/11 - Comprehensive Foreclosure Defense
- 10/01/10 - Maine Court Finds Affidavit Filed in Bad Faith and Vacates Summary Judgment Order in Foreclosure
- 07/13/10 - Maine Court Foreclosure Diversion Program
- 03/26/10 - The Effects of Foreclosure on Credit Score
- 12/04/09 - The Trouble With Loan Modifications....
- 07/07/09 - Stark Succeeds in Class Action Litigation
- 06/12/09 - Mandatory Mediation in Foreclosure
- 03/07/09 - House Passes Loan Modification
- 01/31/09 - NACBA Report on Loan Modifications
- 01/06/09 - Loan Modifications in Chapter 13
- 11/29/06 - Why Choose Chapter 13 Over Chapter 7?
- 08/12/06 - Foreclosure Rescue Scams
What our clients are saying
Hi Carissa, I did receive the Interim notice today from the Trustee which I suspect is what he was supposed to have filed before you prodded him..Thanks for reminding him and following up..Your help in this whole painful, confusing Chapter 13 process has been exceptional!!! Cheers,